Thursday, January 23, 2014

journal post #3 ch#3

Journal Post #3 (Ch3)


Learning Outcomes Question#

 

Digital Dialog 3.1 (pg.58)

 

                What types of information do you prefer to learn visually and interactively? What types of information do you prefer to learn by reading a book?

I prefer learning most all visually and interactively. I am a visual learner and find myself to gaining much information when i have to read it. I need someone to explain it to me and show it to me.

                What are recent examples of information that you learned using online interactive websites or other computer technologies?

I am not much of a computer user but I do know that when I can or have time to look something up, I can always find it and get an answer in .5 seconds.

                How do you plan to support the different learning preferences of students when you enter the classroom as a teacher?

I do plan on supporting learning preferences of students and technology in the classroom. First, I need to learn the technology myself. I am not a frequent technology user and just know the basics but I do plan on learning as much as I can to use it on a daily base. As educators and future educators, we are seeing that students are less engaged in lectures consisting of mostly talking or reading a book. Things are rapidly changing and we have to change with them, otherwise we are not doing our jobs correctly by teaching students information they will keep.

 

Chapter 3 Summary
Online learning games, virtual worlds, and interactive simulations promote critical thinking and problem solving that students find engaging and challenging. Because of how fast and correct the student can get a response from the internet, students lean towards technology. The student doesn’t have to raise their hand as in ask a question to the teacher and maybe get embarrassed. All he needs to do is look iut up and he get an answer in 05seconds.

1 comment:

  1. General knowledge and facts are certainly available at lightspeed via the Internet, but where is the critical thinking and problem solving that we need to have and be able to facilitate in students? Yes, technology is an integral part of our daily lives and I see that becoming even more profound - so it must be wrapped into our educational system, as well. But, I also think we need to recognize that those 'technology-wired' students can help us learn as teachers (i.e., the technology) while the adults help students to go beyond the computer/Internet basics! :)

    ReplyDelete